Tuesday, June 12, 2012

New Embroidery Project

         I have started an embroidery project.......Birdie Stitches......After browsing blogs I happened upon www.littlemissshabby.com blog. She has so many wonderful projects. She did an embroidery block of the month last year.......It just tuck me a year to find this blog........I guess there are so many quilting blogs that you could find a new one each day.


 She still has this project on her blog and it's free. I downloaded each month plus the instructions, ordered some new fabric......Sunkissed by Moda.....A girls gotta have new fabric to start a new project.........I have made all twelve blocks.....The little birdie is different in each block.... I realized that the Sunkissed charm packs had no blue fabric so I added a blue and a small blue and yellow plaid fabric to the blocks.......I'm making this as a baby quilt and with the blue added it can be for a boy or girl.......Hint.....Hint......Hint....I'm ready for another grand baby...........I'm working on the second block, using three strands of thread. It works up fast.
I'm also working on this........I use to own a quilt shop and in the early 90's before all the quilt kits became the rage. You could get these kits, pre-stamped on fabric........A lady bought this kit and cut all the leaves and flowers out then brought it back to the shop, she said she could not get them to line up with the design stamped on the background fabric.......Being the wonderful shop owner that I was, I refunded the price of kit back to her.......This became my travel work......I appliqued all twelve blocks then put it away, came across it about a year ago.......It became my project to take to Sit and Stitch or other meetings to do the embroidery on each block.........My goal is to finish this quilt this year.



4 comments:

  1. Birdie Stitches! I've downloaded all the patterns too but I've not started it. It think it is absolutely ADORABLE!!! I really love the fabrics you chose to use. It will make a perfect baby quilt - when the time comes of course :*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your blocks Jenny!! Sew Cute! Amie:o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the birdie stitches blocks. They sure make a great quilt top!

    ReplyDelete