Thursday, June 7, 2012

Granddaughter's Graduation Quilt


This was a fun quilt to make. I knew that Granddaughter # 2 would like it. I made one for Granddaughter # 1 when she graduated...........I used a pigma pen to do the writing around the white middle border, then pressed using a vinegar solution, spraying the lettering then ironing.......The quilt will be a remembrance of her high school  and college friends........ Amanda wants me to make her one combining left over fabric from both girls quilt..........Will have to see how that works out....... I will eliminate the white border..........
.

We were at Amanda's shop when I gave it to her, see all the sports bras hanging in background...........They are as bright as the quilt.........Amanda's company is www. spandees.com.........It is a small company specializing in fun spandex shorts and tights for sports teams......... I have a pair of them that I use for yoga.   


3 comments:

  1. It's just beautiful Jenny! Almost as beautiful as your granddaughter :*) I know she will love it and cherish it through the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the quilt you made for your granddaughter and especially what you did with the pigma pen. Thanks for the tip using the vinegar and curious did you actually spray the letters with the vinegar solution and then press?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mixed 1 oz vinegar and 3 oz water, sprayed lettering, then used a pressing cloth that I has wet with the vinegar on the lettering. I made older granddaughter a quilt like this one, she's washed several times and the lettering hasn't faded

      Delete