Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Lazy Days of Summer



I walk 4 or 5 miles each morning and I like to do it early.......The days have been getting shorter so it's still dark when I start on my walk......We have street lights, so it's not scary to be walking in the dark......Sometimes I take the dog with me.....

On the next street these huge mushrooms had popped up overnight......They were beautiful......Before I got close to them I thought some kid had left a giant ball in the yard......


I just had to go into the yard to get these pictures, was hoping I wouldn't be seen........The large ones were at least 12 to 14 in across and stood about 10 or 12 inches tall......I had never seen any this big.....They were gone the next morning....... Wish I knew what kind they were.........






1 comment:

  1. Wow - those are amazing! I've never seen mushrooms that big either. The first picture looked a little risque on the blogger feed until I clicked into the blog to see exactly what it was LOL!! :*D

    ReplyDelete