Tuesday, June 25, 2019

It’t been a long time!!!

A long long time, about seven years to be exact. Where oh where does the time go. I didn’t mean to be away this long. Life happens and even though you mean to do something it’s so easy to put it off until another day.

I’ve traveled, quilted, knitted, loved on family that were going through hard and trying times. We lost a few family members, got through the tough times with the help of God.

I have revised Dad’s book about his young years. He keep a journal, when he turned 75 my sister and I had the journal made into a small booklet and presented it to him along with 75 copies. He was so proud of that book, he gave it to all the family. Dads been gone for sixteen years now. With all the DNA testing happening, people began to want the book to see the things he had written about growing up in the early 1900’s and his memories of his ancestors. I updated it with more of his memories and a few pictures. This is a picture of his first book and the home that he was born in.
                                   
                                   


I realized how important it was to document your life and the memories as they happened. So I’m back writing on this blog. I will try and go back and include some of my journal writings.

See you soon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment