Thursday, July 5, 2012

T-Shirt Quilt



This is the second t-shirt quilt I have made from my son's t-shirts........I wrote about the first quilt in an earlier post......This quilt is made from some of the t-shirts that he had when he played softball........ He was good at softball and a powerful hitter.......I loved going to watch his games........many happy memories there.




I put some images of him on the quilt........ This one was of him when he was about seven years old....... He played all the sports as he was growing up, with us tagging along to watch.......





I'm sure he was caught as he slammed the ball for a home run in the next two pictures......
These pictures say a lot about who he was...... Everything he did he gave his all.......





It was a hard process making the two quilts......I wanted to make
the shirts into quilts so that they would be preserved for future family members to remember Tony.......I have enough of random shirts to make another quilt.....We will have to wait and see if I can summon the courage to do that.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful quilt Jenny!!! I really wish I had my
    my son's tshirts from his sports days. Like your Tony, Josh played everything and was really good. He ended up choosing soccer and played on select teams until he broke his arm twice in one summer. I am so sorry you lost your sweet son. I SO wish this world had fewer heartaches for us. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete