Sunday, May 13, 2012

Thinking of Mom

Mom has been on my mind today and I was looking at some of her beautiful things that I have. She collected dolls, I have some and the rest we sold at her estate sale.

I made the dolls above, the one on the left for my Mom and the one on the right for my Grandmother. These were made when the Cabbage Patch doll craze was going on.

LA, my daughter, had gotten an original doll made by Xavier Roberts in 1979. They were called Little People at that time. She did look like a relative!!!! Her doll is signed on the butt with his name and the no 138.

 Alberta Bridgett resides in my attic with all LA's other childhood toys waiting for LA to have her own little girl.   Too much digging and too many photos to go through to find a picture of her.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Cute dolls! The one you made for your grandmother looks angry at someone :*) I remember making the cabbage patch dolls too. I think I made three of them before I got tired of it. I hope you had a lovely mother's day!

    ReplyDelete