Monday, May 21, 2012

Graduation quilt


I have been as busy as a little bee trying to finish this quilt for my granddaughter's high school graduation. I made it so she can have her friends sign the white center strip and when she takes it to college, her friends there can write on it also.

I wrote her name at the top in the white center border, her school, Dana Hall class of 2012 in the bottom center border.  I wrote "May you find strength in the love that surrounds you" on the left side and on the right side is written "Believe deep down in your heart that you are destined to do great things."  I found these quotes several years ago, liked them and wrote the same on her big sis's quilt when she graduated.

I made a king size quilt like this for our Pastor and church members filled the quilt with wonderful thoughts to him and his family.

I like the pattern and guess what I have a lot of left over blocks so number four might be for me.

 Will post a better picture when it's finished.     





2 comments:

  1. Aunt Jenny
    I want one they are beautiful:)
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jenny - what a great idea!!! I'm in the process of beginning a quilt for my niece for graduation & may switch to your pattern if you wouldn't mind? I had planned a disappearing nine-patch, but I love that her friends could write on this one, and the idea of a message quilted in is perfect for her!!! Would you share details? If I say pretty please??? =^..^=

    ReplyDelete