Thursday, March 8, 2012

Quilt Storage Closet

I have a closet in Mom's old room that is 42in by 14ft that I store my quilt and all the quilts from my Mom, Grandmothers and Aunts. I also have a lot of their vintage crochet tablecloths, bedspreads and afghans. I have about a hundred quilts in it. 

The closet was called the sewing closet on the original house plans. When we moved in Mom had this as her room when she was here. Guess it will always be called Mom's room. I miss her so much, but can go into this room and set in her chair, read her Bible, look at her things and remember her furious love for all of us.

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have such great memories of your Mom! And to have her quilts and the quilts of other women who have gone before you.... such a treasure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you won't give up any of them! One of these days I'll get one I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great to see your blog. I have been really bad about keeping mine up here lately, but I'm planning on doing better.

    ReplyDelete